Saturday, May 5, 2007

Ups and Downs


This week has been full of ups and downs.

Up--I got up on all fours and started rocking back and forth for the first time last weekend. I think I might be crawling pretty soon!

Down--I went to the doctor for a recheck on my ear. A couple weeks ago, I burst my eardrum. I have a very large perforation and it hasn't started to close up yet. I hope it does pretty soon, so I can go swimming this summer!

Up--I was involved in an infant cognition study at a local university. That was pretty cool. The study was to find out how infants learn the difference between beginning and ending sounds in words. I got a t-shirt and Mommy and Daddy got a gift certificate!

Down--I got a cold AGAIN! I have heard that babies get sick a lot, but I have had tons of colds since December, with only a few days in between each one where I actually feel 100%.

Up--Grandma came to babysit me for a whole day! She took me to visit Mommy's classroom and her students. I helped Mommy give a spelling test. I called out whenever Mommy tried to give the students one of their words and then I ripped the whole test page out of Mommy's textbook! I told Mommy's students to stop doing their homework; I was just doing my part.

Up AND Down--Last Sunday, Mommy and Daddy gave me one of those biter biscuits for the first time. I was so excited because biter biscuits are for big babies! Things were going great and I was chewing on it for about an hour when all of a sudden, I started wheezing really bad and broke out in a nasty case of hives! Now I am awaiting blood test results to see if I'm allergic to wheat products.

Like I said, it was a very up and down week for me. Hopefully, things will be more stable this week!

No comments: