Thursday, July 31, 2008

Seeing the good things in life

The last several months have been very difficult for Mommy and Daddy. As often as I can, I try to remind them of all the fun times we had together. Some days this has been difficult for them to do.

Since I became an angel, all the people that Mommy and Daddy know have teamed up to help take care of them. It is amazing all the things they have done for my mommy and daddy. There were hundreds of cards, presents, phone calls and visits! People brought so much food that Mommy and Daddy didn't have to cook until May! Because Mommy was nervous about being alone during her summer break, all her friends made sure she was busy every day!

One of my favorite things was done by Mommy's students and parents. They all chipped in to buy a tree and plaque for the front of the school. Then an anonymous donor donated a black marble bench to go with it. Here are some pictures:



In my back yard is a tree just like the one at Mommy's school. It was a gift from a whole bunch of Mommy's high school classmates.

In Grandma's backyard, her boyfriend made a rosebush garden in honor of me. It is so beautiful! I can't wait until it starts blooming!

Grandma works in a hospital and in the OB department, the walls are lined with pictures of babies born there. After I became an angel, they hung a picture of me and Daddy, even though I wasn't born there!

Last month, while Mommy and Daddy went on an island trip, all their friends and family went to the cemetery to visit me. They even made up a schedule so that I would have at least one playmate each day. Look at all the presents they brought me!

These are just a few of the things people have done for my mommy and daddy. It has helped Mommy and Daddy so much to see that there are still good things in life. I know that they are really grateful.

2 comments:

Larissa said...

Mrs. Chalupa, You are an awesome,funny, and cool picture. This blog is a very neat thing to do!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool Mrs.Chalupa